Recent Posts

July 12, 2011

2012 Hyundai Sonata- Updates


Having recently driven a 2011 Hyundai Sonata (MPR Rating: four stars) I was curious to see what upgrades would be coming to the 2012 version. Starting at just $19K this sedan is quite sleek and a bit futuristic in terms of looks and has a good following among drivers.

When I drove the 2011 Sonata I didn't find the same humdrum feeling that I have when driving its competitors sedans. I felt a bit more zip in the engine and slightly more involved in my driving experience. The ride was comfortable without being sedate and it didn't guzzle gas. That is about to get better too. The 2012 non-hybrid, automatic and manual 198 -horsepower Sonata's will get 24/35/28 mpg city/highway/combined. The 274-horsepower, turbo 2.0-liter gets a 1 mpg highway improvement. In addition, the latest version of the Sonata will have improvements on its BlueLink system. That's Hyundai's version of On-Star. The formerly 6.5 inch screen is now 7 inches. This is for the optional touch-screen navigational system. Personally, a half inch can make a difference in a car but it doesn't impress me. I want a little bit more than that. In fact, I want a little bit more all across the board.

0 comments: