Recent Posts

December 14, 2009

Christopher Drummond Beauty Naturally Shines


Mineral make-up is hot these days.  Every time I turn around there is yet another cosmetic company producing a mineral line.  Christopher Drummond Beauty (CDB) is mineral make-up and more.  The more being that this line is free of Bismuth and Titanium, which so many other mineral make-ups possess.

The CDB line is simplicity at its best.  The packaging is enticing, elegant and looks a bit luxurious.  All the items in this line are made with plant extracts, botanicals and natural ingredients. Nothing else goes into them.  Drummond states, "As with everything in the Christopher Drummond Beauty line, they are more than products, but part of our entire philosophy- beauty is individual, and every woman deserves to look and feel amazing while also using healthy ingredients."  There are no additives, reproductive oxidants, sensitizers, carcinogens, endocrine disruptors or mutagens in CDB products.  This holistic understanding and approach has created a vegan, organic-based product line that shines.

I tested the Revitalizing Facial Serum, Finale Finishing powder, concealer, blush and eye shadow.  Right away, I noticed that all the products have a soft, silky texture. I was pleased to find out that they also possess natural sunscreens in them as well.  The Revitalizing serum ($55) went on smooth and absorbed into my skin quickly.  There was no residue, odor or stickiness left behind.  It's an all-in-one serum, which is not only more bang for your buck but it can also be used for dark under eye circles.  I loved it.  It brightened my face and didn't cause me to break out or clog my pores.  Neither did any of the CDB make-up. 

Each time I used the Finale Finishing powder ($55) I felt like I had a bit of a glow.  It illuminated my face in a way that no other make-up, especially the mineral variety had ever done before.  The concealer ($22.50) is also smooth, with a thick, velvet-like consistency.  I wish I could have used it more than as a tester but the color was too dark for my skin tone. 

As for the CDB make-up, I thoroughly enjoyed using it.  The amethyst eye shadow ($17.50) was striking, blended well and stayed true to its color all day.  It stays in place and went on easily.  A little goes a long way with all the eye shadows and the Sateen blush ($28).  Both products have a bit of shimmer in them that isn't garish but work to brighten and illuminate your face.  I loved using them at home and at the gym. The containers fit easily into my toiletry bag too. 

Christopher Drummond Beauty is a truly special line.  I'm so glad I have been introduced to it.  The products are fresh, work well and comparable in price to department store brands.  However, they do not posses high perfumed fragrances or chemicals like department store brands and that makes them all the more valuable. 

All products are available online at Christopher Drummond

MPR Rating:  Four Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this posting. Products were received and kept for testing purposes. The opinions in this review are solely my own.

0 comments: