Recent Posts

November 20, 2009

Crabtree & Evelyn's Citron and Coriander Collection


Crabtree & Evelyn's new Citron and Coriander collection has arrived in my home. I'm a sucker for citrus-scented products and this hand therapy line is no exception. There are four products in all- new Rejuvenating Hand Remedy, new Creamy Cleanser, new Scrub Cleanser, Hand Therapy moisturiser and Hand Recovery polisher.

Scarlett O'Hara's sister Suellen famously said, "Mother said you could always tell a lady by the way she kept her hands." It is true. Hands can tell your age. I know I always feel older when my hands are rough, dry and looking unkempt. Though this line daunted me. Four products just for my hands? A scrub too? In all it is a three step process. I'll give it a whirl.


Free of parabens, lauryl sulfates, mineral oil, and propylene glycol this collection contains extracts like lemon, honey and coriander to soothe irritated skin while myrrh works to protect cuticles. Willow bark, rosemary, thyme and eucalyptus protect and soothe the skin too. I tried the scrub ($12) first. I rubbed it in, rinsed it off and felt how smooth my skin was- it was lovely and very lightly scented too. I don't know if I could do it everyday though.


Next, I tried the Hand Therapy ($21) which you apply and then rinse off. To me this is the hardest one to remember to use and while my hands did feel softer I just found this to be one more thing in my daily routine. However, I really did love it because it seemed to protect my hands after each use.


The Rejeuvenating Hand Remedy ($24) was by far my favorite. I put it on each night before going to bed. I find the lemony scent soothing and a great way to end the day. I immediately noticed my skin feeling softer and after a week of use it actually looked brighter too. I love this product! It gets five stars. The Hand Therapy daily Moisturizer ($21) is great too. I placed it on my kitchen sink and use it all throughout the day, every day. Since I began using it my hands seem protected and less prone to becoming dry despite repeated washings.

Overall, I really enjoyed using the Crabtree & Evelyn Citron and Coriander collection. I think it works well despite having so many steps which for a busy woman can be a bit hard to keep up with. That being said, it makes a pretty, useful gift together as a set or as separate pieces. It earns a spot in the holiday gift guide this year too.

Available at Crabtree & Evelyn stores nationwide and online.


MPR Rating: Four Stars.
Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this posting. Products were received and kept for testing purposes.

0 comments: