Recent Posts

November 18, 2009

Votre Vu


Votre Vu- French skincare with an American twist. When I agreed to review a few of the items in the Votre Vu line I did not realize that this is a consultant-based business much like Arbonne or Avon. No matter, I'm actually an Arbonne rep myself. To me, if a product is good then it deserves to be touted.
Votre Vu's Portrait Collar Restorative Neck creme ($49) consists mainly of Centella Asiatica extract, Ginseng, beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Vitamin E and more. Applying in an upward motion this creme can be used in the AM, PM or ideally at both times. The creme should diminish lines, restore the skin and reduce the signs of aging. I'm in my early 30's and this isn't an issue for me so despite weeks of use I didn't notice a difference. Sure, my neck skin feels softer but I can't attest to it reducing sagging in that area. I'm passing it on to my mother who might see more results. If she does, I'll post back about regarding them. While using this product though, I did like the feeling of the cream. It is soft and supple feeling. It did no irritate my skin or contain any chemicals that bothered it or my sense of smell.
I also reviewed Votre Vu's Mal-Ligne Wrinkle Serum ($56) Line Out Line Correcting Serum. Mal-Ligne literally means 'bad line' in French. Through the use of collagen, elastin and Monoi Tiare Oil, a Polynesian skincare oil, this serum purportedly diminishes wrinkles, firms, hydrates and produces a "radiant glow" for your face. By applying it to your laugh lines, crows feet and/or other wrinkles Mal-Ligne should reduce your wrinkles. This serum is silky and absorbs well into my skin. I used this product for about a month and in that time I noticed less dryness in my skin and it wasn't oily. It didn't interfere with my make-up either. In the past I have had all these problems at least initially when using a serum. Again, I don't have any real wrinkles, just the idea of them perhaps. It is hard to say if this serum did more than moisturize. By reducing the dryness on my face due to the change of seasons my skin did seem more "radiant" and "glowing".
Votre Vu products are available online and via consultant.
MPR Rating: Three Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this posting. Products were received and kept for testing purposes. The opinions in this review are solely my own.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Hi Victoria,

My name is Traci Kuhn, Brand Ambassador for Votre Vu. Thank you for your honest review and I love what you said about "if a product is good....." I used to rep a different line of skin care before Vu and at times it is tough to stay objective.

What I have found with daily use of the products is my skin is so much softer - like a baby's skin - and I thought I had soft skin. Just last night I offered to whole room of strangers to touch my cheek to see what I was talking about. LOL.

If you have any readers that would like more information, I'd be happy to help.

Warmly,

Traci

Heather said...

Victoria,

I love hearing about other people's experience with our Votre Vu products.

I felt the same way about Portrait Collar at first. I had a difficult time using it because I didn't see a problem...yet;) And I think that in itself is where American and French women different in their skin care philosophy. Americans are reactive...we treat when we see a problem (ie, wrinkles, sagging skin). The French are proactive when it comes to skin care and start using regimens and specialty body creams at a very early age, before the signs of aging appear. My hope is that by using Portrait Collar on a daily basis, that skin stays firmer, longer! Yes, I know gravity will finally win, but why not push the signs of aging back a few years!

Thanks again for your objective review. I'd be happy to send samples of Portrait Collar to anyone interested!

Merci!
Heather Wolgamott
Votre Vu Brand Ambassador