Recent Posts

March 15, 2009

My Kids and the Refrigerator Door

I am thankful that when an appliance breaks you don’t always have to buy a new appliance. I have an old Whirlpool refrigerator that has been keeping my family’s food and beverages cold and fresh for over ten years and I really don’t want to get rid of it. Luckily when it finally did break I was able to get Whirlpool parts from my friends over at www.AppliancePartsPros.com. Here’s my story.

I have three kids, all teenagers, and my refrigerator door gets a workout every single day. Between the trips in the morning while they’re scrambling to get out to school and the fly-bys in the afternoon, that door is probably opened and closed over a hundred times a day. I suppose it was inevitable that eventually something would break.

It was a warm sunny afternoon in May and the kids were out in the yard playing basketball. This type of activity is always particularly tough on our old Whirlpool refrigerator because our household population doubles with friends and the trips in and out are multiplied by the need for a constant supply of cold beverages. It was about halfway through a game that was being contested to twenty-one when my son came out of the house with the refrigerator handle in his hand.

“Dad,” he said, “It wasn’t my fault.” If I had a dime for every time I’ve heard those words I would be a millionaire. My first instinct was anger but the look on his face made me laugh. It really wasn’t his fault. That old Whirlpool refrigerator had given us its all for ten years and it was bound to break at some point. I was just happy it was only one of the two refrigerator handles and not the appliance that had broken.

After checking to make sure the door itself wasn’t damaged, I went on line to Appliance Parts Pros and found the handle I was looking for at a price of just $33.13. It was a Whirlpool part and could be shipped that day so I could have it in hand and on the door before the week was out. I ordered the appliance part and went back outside to watch the end of the game. The whole process, from the break to the confirmation of shipping, took me less than half an hour and I had an opportunity to look through the Appliance Parts Pros website while I was ordering. They have over 1,000,000 appliance parts from all different manufacturers. I’ll never go to the hardware store again.



By: Michael B.

0 comments: