Recent Posts

February 16, 2009

Silver Dolphin Books

Silver Dolphin books just blew my mind. I had no idea that books like this even existed. I have pop up books. I have books that make music. 3-D books and books filled with layers of that reveal the inner workings of a dolphin? No, this I had not seen. Silver Dolphin has titles for children from preschool age to 12 which will easily appeal to children of all ages as well as adults.



When I opened the first book, 'Explore Within a Medieval Castle' ($21.95) I could not believe my eyes. The hours of imagination that each layer of this 3-D book will create is quite amazing. Each page reveals another level of the castle and has wonderful descriptions of daily castle life. This book is worth the money and makes a wonderful gift for any child.


My daughter was absolutely enchanted with the '3-D Explorer: Oceans' book ($17.95) and so was I. There are beautiful pictures, loads of information about underwater sea life and multi-dimensional pictures to keep your child busy and learning all at the same time. This is what I loved most about Silver Dolphin books. Each title whether it was a baby book or one geared for older children really captivates the child reading it and even the adult. It holds their attention and takes learning and reading to a whole new level. These books never get old! They make a wonderful addition to your families own personal library or as a gift. They are an amazing value as well.
MPR Rating: Five stars

GIVEAWAY- I'm giving away a copy of Silver Dolphin's 'Field Guide to Safari Animals' by Paul Beck. It's 36 pages of an "exciting adventure across exotic Africa-from tracking lions in Nairobi to marveling at the birth of a baby giraffe in Botswana. Each page is filled with stunning photographs, maps, illustrations and fascinating facts about Africa’s most majestic animals. At the end of this incredible journey, kids can recreate animal scenes by setting up their own stunning display featuring a cool diorama and 8 different animal models." Only ONE copy. Enter to win today! Winner will be chosen at random on Friday, February 20 at noon EST.
Congratulations to MJ for winning the Silver Dolphin book giveaway!

5 comments:

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

These do look like really interesting books. I'd love to take a look at them.
give_me_a_latte at yahoo

Jac said...

Wow, those books sound awesome! Thanks for the review!

Brimful Curiosities said...

The Safari book sounds wonderful. My daughter has a collection of miniature animals and plays with them constantly. I'm sure she'd love the book. Also, Silver Dolphin's line of Amazing Baby books is quite impressive as well. Thanks for your review and giveaway.

KR said...

I teach kindergarten. This would be great!

Annie1 said...

These books look really awesome. I'm hoping Canadians are eligible to enter!

(if not, please delete, ty)

Thanks for the chance.


nancyrobster@gmail.com