Recent Posts

January 9, 2009

Montagne Jeunesse Facial Masques


I have a deep and abiding love for many types of facial products be they green or otherwise. If it's cutting edge, expensive or cheap I am probably going to want to try it especially if the packaging is aesthetically pleasing. Let's face it, how something looks on the outside matters to us when we are spending money. Or putting it on our face. So I have to admit that when I was asked to try Montagne Jeunesse Facial Masques I was a bit disappointed with the packaging. It just didn't sell me. It looked dated and cheap. However, in the name of product reviewing and as a slave to beauty and my readers I decided to guinea pig myself out once again and try the product and see how they fared.
I tried the Chocolate Anti-Stress Mud Masque first and found my mouth watering after I opened the single use pouch. The masque looks just like rich chocolate mousse and smells like it too! I was already feeling de-stressed and all for about $1! I smeared it on my face (there is enough for two or for your neck) and let it work it's magic. While it was a bit of a mess to clean off in the shower the thick mud is smooth and creamy with a hint of cocoa butter. It dries quickly and left my face with a nice glow that carried through the day. I was quite pleased. It left my skin feeling moisturized and clean but not stripped.
Next, I tried the Peach Kernel and Walnut Exfoliating Masque, which just like the other masques has minimal processing, natural ingredients and is not tested on animals. In fact, Montagne Jeunesse products are completely vegan. While the exfoliating masque is not thick, it is an easy application and has a light, pleasant scent. It is not too grainy or rough on your skin like some other walnut exfoliates are either. I really loved how you scrub and smooth it on first, let it dry and then scrub it in again before washing it off. That second scrub is harder to do but really softens the skin and is worth the drying time wait. Afterwards, my skin was soft to touch and still is a few days later. Not all exfoliates work that well while moisturizing too. It's also gluten and diary free!
Finally, I tested out the Hot Vanilla Anti-Stress Masque. This one is creamy but also a bit on the sticky side and my least favorite of the trio. I give it three stars for that sticky factor. A hair band is a must! It also seemed to linger a bit and leave some residue behind on my face despite cleaning it off twice. I was not impressed with that part. I did like how it warmed upon application without irritation and left my skin soft, supple and vibrant looking. That caught me off guard. I would use it again because it is cheap and actually works.
Overall, and despite the loud looking packaging, I really enjoyed using the Montagne Jeunesse face masques and would definitely try them again. They are available at Amazon, CVS, Walmart and other discount big box stores and chain drugstores. You can also purchase them online directly from the site (UK only!) and check out loads of other Montagne Jeunesse products as well. I for one, will be going back soon!

0 comments: