Recent Posts

August 13, 2008

They're Baaack! The Banana Splits!

Remember Fleegle, Drooper, Bingo and Snorky? That Fab Four of animal friends that made up the hit show, The Banana Splits? Well, guess what? They are back! Now with all new songs, jokes, videos and coming to your house soon (Sept. 2) on the Cartoon Network you and your kids can share in the fun of this musical group.

The site, while still in Beta version, contains a fan section, videos, a joke of the day and fun songs for your kids to enjoy. Kids ages 4-7 can watch the video shorts and play games on the website whenever they want to. It's easy to navigate, full of bright colors and very similar to the format of the old 1960s version of the Banana Splits, just refreshed. I checked it out with my 2 1/2 year-old and she loved them. The music is upbeat and fun with counting and lots of action that keeps your kids attention.

I suggest you check it out with your kids first and figure out if it is something for you. I'm not a big fan of it personally, but that is because the original version of the show scared me to death as a kid. I don't know why, but it did. While my daughter seems immune and this version is a lot less dark but equally psychedelic, I still can't shake my old feelings and I have no desire to watch this with her.

0 comments: