Recent Posts

March 7, 2007

Book Review!


Ok, I admit it, I read fluff. Sometimes a lot. I like it and I can't help it. I just finished, Sophie Kinsella's latest Shopaholic book, Shopaholic and Baby. It was a good bit of fluff and if you like the previous Becky (nee Bloomwood) Brandon escapades I think you'll like this one as well. There are the usual doses of designer mentions and now that a baby is on the way Becky is consumed with buying everything designer for the baby as well as obtaining and appointment with the "it" celebrity OB/GYN. Scary, I know. The regular Shopaholic cast of characters are there too. Suze, Becky's best friend, dashing husband Luke, and Becky's new sister Jess joins the fray. It would not be a Becky story either if madcap predicaments brought on by Ms. Brandon herself did not occur in almost every chapter. As always her letters to various financial institutions and stores are included. They always make me laugh. The only thing about this book I didn't like is how all her problems stem from miscommunication. I found myself getting annoyed and wanting to slap my forehead a lot. If it were real life, this couple would need some serious counseling over their lack of communicating. It's not real life though thankfully and just the bit of fun and escapism I needed this week as it is bleakly cold outside still.

0 comments: