Recent Posts

May 23, 2011

Fake Bake Fair Skin & Body Polish



I've used Fake Bake's air brush at-home kits. Now I have tried the Self-tan lotion for fair skin. Just like their other self-tanners it builds a gradual tan over time. Basically a few hours and you will have a faint glow about you. Apply it a second day, preferably at night, and it gets deeper and fast.

Fake Bake Fair Self-Tan Lotion ($25) goes on fast. If you don't want streaks then only apply it to one small area at a time and blend it in evenly and well. Definitely use the gloves too. It is impossible to get streaks off. The easy glide formula and subtle "show where it goes" cosmetic colour guide helps with this issue. But you still need to go slow. Naturally derived tanning agents DHA and Erythulose work with the melanin cells to give you a self-tan that works well with your skin tone. I'm pretty fair with pink undertones and I love this product. Fake Bake doesn't give off some funky scent that lasts all day either. Another plus when it comes to self-tanners.

Now, the number one rule to all self-tanners is to exfoliate your skin before applying the self-tanner. Fake Bake has you covered there as well. I tried the Fake Bake Bamboo Buffing Polish which can be used twice a week. My first application I noticed that is a finely-milled, very grainy scrub. I suggest using it without a lot of vigor but it does exfoliate well. I noticed an immediate difference in the texture of my skin. It was soft and smooth and stayed that way for days.

Fake Bake products are available online.

MPR Rating: Four Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this post. Products received are for review and test purposes only. Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: