Recent Posts

May 25, 2011

Best Western Airport Inn, El Paso, TX



Recently my flight got canceled at the El Paso International Airport and so did everyone else's in the A terminal. Bad weather in the mid-west and a host of government workers entering the town made every airport hotel booked. Quickly I opted for the Best Western Airport Inn.

Located about fifteen minutes from the airport, with a free shuttle and right off the highway the Best Western Airport Inn was renovated in 2009. Yes, it is a small motel with rooms that face the parking lot and room doors that open to the outside, but it is clean and practical. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The shuttle driver offered to take me to Walmart or the mall so that I could pick up any toiletries or clothes I might need now that I was stranded in El Paso. I have never had this offered before by any other hotel or motel. Upon checking in the staff at the front desk was sympathetic and helpful with ideas for dinner and again offered to help me out with toiletries and clothes.

My room was a clean, newly decorated single double bed room. While not up to date technology wise there is free wi-fi. I connected easier than most large hotels and never had a problem. A microwave and fridge are in each room as well as a table with two chair that can be used as a desk or eating area. This is a basic, no frills place but it was clean and comfortable. The picture on the website looks better and different from my room but it isn't too far off. New pillows and fluffy towels were welcome after a long day of travel. I had trouble with the shower head being set too close to the wall but unlike other hotels it was adjustable and I slanted it so that I was able to shower without being against the wall or having the soap dish crammed into my back.

A full, free buffet breakfast awaited me the next morning and a free shuttle took me back to the airport. In addition, it has a pool, fitness center and allows pets. While the Best Western Airport Inn is not right next to the airport it is a good place to stay when you want good service, and a clean, inexpensive room in El Paso. For someone who travels often and does not like Best Western's in general (unclean rooms, bad service) this was a positive and welcome change.

MPR Rating: Four Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this post. Products are for review and test purposes only. Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: