Recent Posts

April 7, 2011

French Meadow Bakery

The organic, all-natural French Meadow Bakery sent me some gluten-free tortillas and gluten-free fudge brownies recently.  Both were frozen upon delivery and once thawed came out just fine.  Individually, here is what I found.

The gluten-free tortillas were the flour version and a bit on the small side.  Once thawed they were just like any other tortilla. I could not tell the difference taste or texture wise with these tortillas as compared with the ordinary flour tortillas.  My family didn't find anything different with them either.  They were just average but a bit small.  I would probably only buy them if I needed a gluten-free version for a specific reason because I like my tortillas a bit bigger than these.

The brownies are wrapped individually and small (12, 1 oz brownies in a box) as well but thawed quickly and were a nice treat.  The portion size is actually just right.  We are just used to baked goods being so over sized these days.  I loved that I could take one out of the freezer and put it in my daughters snack box and it would be nice and fresh for her at snack time.  They tasted sweet and had a cakey texture.  I passed them around to friends and family and everyone liked them but said the same thing, "There should be a deeper chocolate taste to these brownies!"  I could not agree more, especially with 'fudge' in the name.  They are a nice little treat or sweet fix but to be a real brownie a more intense chocolate flavor is needed.

French Meadow Bakery prides itself on vegan, Kosher, gluten-free products. They are available at grocers nationwide.  I purchase mine at my local Wegman's. 

MPR Rating:  Three Stars.

Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post.  Products received are for review and test purposes only.  Opinions are MPR's only. 

0 comments: