Recent Posts

February 13, 2011

JASON Natural Lavender Shampoo & Conditioner

I was recently sent two 16oz bottles of JASON Natural Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner.  Created to strengthen hair both products contain no Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates or Paraben Preservatives. Loaded with Vitamins A, B5, C, E and F it is supposed to nourish your hair as well.


JASON Lavender Shampoo contains Lavender Extract, Evening Primrose and Vitamins A, B5, E & F. It has that tell-tale natural lavender scent that is revitalizing and fresh when used in the shower.  I liked that a lot about the products.  I have fine, color-treated hair and found that this shampoo really worked against it.  It made my hair dry and hard to work with when I styled it.  I didn't notice any significant increase in its shine either.  While it is supposed to leave it supple, shiny and reduce split ends I just wanted to stop using it.  It felt like it stripped my hair even when I used a double or triple dose of conditioner.  It was so disappointing.  However, it is possible that if you have normal hair that isn't chemically treated JASON Lavender Shampoo would work just fine.   I did not want to attempt to use it on my daughters very curly, dry hair. 

The JASON Lavender Conditioner is also meant to strengthen ones hair. I found that no matter what amount I used it still didn't take care of my hair. My fine hair was hard to comb through each time I used it and it was left feeling dry and limp.  Again, I was disappointed. I did try it out on my daughters ringlets and found the same thing.  She cried each time I combed it through her hair even when I let it absorb and sit for a bit.  It dried frizzy as well.

I am a fan of natural products.  I want to use them over the chemically-ridden ones.  I like how JASON products such as their lotions, body wash and more are available at most grocery and discount stores.  However, JASON everyday hair care products have underperformed this time and it leaves me with no choice but to give it the following rating.

MPR RATING:  Two Stars.


Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post.  Products received are for review and test purposes only. Opinions are MPR's only. 


*Image from cloettafazer.com

0 comments: