Recent Posts

December 6, 2010

Cookielicious

Just in time for the holidays the new cookbook, Cookielicious ($19.95) by Janet K. Keeler, food editor at the St. Petersburg Times, arrived at my front door.  While it doesn't help me whittle my waistline post-baby it has been fun trying out a few of the many recipes included in this cookie cookbook.

Filled with pretty and delicious photos, Cookielicious is a great gift for anyone who loves to bake and/or loves cookies.  From the traditional chocolate chip to cookie bars it has over 150 recipes that just make you want to get baking!  Each recipe doesn't just give a list of ingredients and how to make the cookie but whether or not it will freeze well for later consumption.  I loved that!  Included in this book are recipes for holiday cookies, dog cookies and easy recipes to make with kids.  It's a really complete cookbook for cookie lovers. 

I had great success making the Buckeye Bars as my first recipe.  They tasted amazing and were a huge hit with my family.  They were also fun to make with my daughter. 

I love Cookielicious and think it makes a great gift for a baker or cookie lover.

MPR Rating:  Four Stars.

Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post.  Products received are for testing and review purposes only.   Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: