Recent Posts

November 15, 2010

The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook

Kim O'Donnel, a meat lover, has created a comprehensive cookbook for meat lover's made up entirely of vegetarian recipes- The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook ($18.95).  One for each day of the year.  As part of the movement that has you eating less meat we try to eat at least one vegetarian dinner a week.  Most of our breakfast's and lunches are meat free too.  It's not that I don't like meat, I do. I just don't want to eat it every meal and I want to save some energy, cash and be a bit more efficient and not inefficient. 

Broken down by seasons to assist in cooking seasonally the cookbook has a lot to offer. It isn't all tofu recipes.  There are many that simply eliminate meat like the pot pie with cheddary biscuit crust or others that offer eggs or nuts as the main source of protein in the dish.  My family loved the Veggie Stir Fry, which had strips of eggs and cashews.  It was devoured in no time and I made it again a week later.  What I love about this cookbook is that the recipes are not simple, light fares.  They are meals. Hearty, full of complex flavors that you can savor and be satisfied and filled up by.  It is what so many vegetarian cookbooks lack or don't provide enough of.  I am always left wanting more and that isn't the case with O'Donnel's book. 

The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook is available on Amazon and it makes a great addition to your cookbook collection or as a gift for the carnivore in your life.

MPR Rating:  Four Stars.

Disclaimer:  I was not paid for this post.  Products received are for review and testing purposes only.  Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: