Recent Posts

June 2, 2010

Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack

I will be right up front when I say this, if I had not seen the movie this weekend the review for this soundtrack might have been a bit different. 

I listened to the soundtrack (in stores May 25) as soon as I got it.  I am a big fan of SATC and always have been.  However, the wide range of musical styles and sounds was a bit too much for me.  To go from Alicia Keys remake of Blondie's 'Rapture' to a Middle Eastern twist with Cee Lo, Liza Minnelli and the SATC Men's Choir was a tad confusing.  Then I saw the film and it changed my whole perspective and feeling on the soundtrack.  What would have been a jumbled, middle-of-the-road review has changed.

I saw SATC2 this past weekend and then I listened to the soundtrack all over again.  'Rapture' and Ricki-Lee's 'Can't Touch It' are still favorites of mine, but I also have a better appreciation for Cee Lo, the girls rendition of 'I am Woman' and all of Liza.  Call me a new fan.  My kids like the CD too.  My four year-old daughter found the 'Language of Love' and 'Euphrates Dream' to be like Tinkerbell or Princess/Fairy music. "It's beautiful!" she exclaimed.  She's right too. It is beautiful and now I have found a CD that we can all listen to in the car without being bored to tears on either side.  It's a nice mix of upbeat tunes and relaxing classics that makes everyone happy.



Tracklisting:

1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”

2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”

You can buy it at Amazon now.  Win a call from Sarah Jessica Parker herself!  Enter here!

MPR Rating:  Four Stars.

0 comments: