Recent Posts

December 21, 2009

Wii's Band Hero


Band Hero (rated E10+) is, dare I say it? It is a rockin' good time. I am not musically inclined and I feel bad for the people who have to sit near me in church. My singing is just that bad. When I was sent the Wii version of Band Hero ($149-179), I was excited, but hesitant about actually taking it out of the box and using it. Then I had a brilliant idea. I invited my girls night group over, took out some bottles of wine, sweet and savory snacks and in no time we were jammin'!


Initially, it did take us a bit to gel together as a group. Each of us tried the guitar, drums and microphone (OK, I spared everyone that part) and after a few tries we began to do really well. Band Hero, from the makers of Guitar Hero, features chart-topping songs from artists like Fall Out Boy, Lily Allen, the Jackson 5 and more. Taylor Swift and Maroon 5's front man Adam Levine are also playable characters. It is pretty cool. Band Hero is an excellent party game and has been fun trying it out during the holidays. Whenever we have people, over we break it out and after a few awkward moments of shyness, guests really get into it. I like how Band Hero lets you customize and interact with everyone easily and you can "take five" at any given time without interrupting a 'performance'. Beyond the Party Play mode, Band Hero has eight other ways to use the game including competitions, Sing Any Way You Want and the ability to make and share music.

Band Hero is a fun game to play with friends and family. Our oldest child loves using it, even at the age of four. According to my friend, Wii's version has better graphics and character selection than the Nintendo 360 Xbox too. Band Hero is a perfect family gift as well as one for you and your friends. It is not too late to pick one up this holiday season! Band Hero works for Wii, Xbox 360, DS Lite and more.  It is available online, at Target, Toys R Us and other toy and game retailers.

As for me, I am much better on the drums than I ever thought. It earns a spot in the MPR Holiday Gift Guide too.


MPR Rating:  Five Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this posting. Products were received and kept for testing purposes. The opinions in this review are solely my own.

0 comments: