Recent Posts

December 21, 2009

Wen Cleansing Conditioner


Created by Chaz Dean, a Los Angeles celebrity stylist, Wen Cleansing Conditioner is a new idea in hair care.  This sweet almond mint cleanser works as a shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in conditioner and detangler all in one.  It doesn't strip your hair or fade your hair.  According to the Wen website Wen has also been proven to "significantly retain color better" than other items on the market.

So how well does it actually work?  I was leery of it at first. I have fine hair and it has been going through a rough phase recently due to some medications I was formerly taking.  Add in that my hair actually caught fire while grilling one day and I needed some serious help.  When I started using Wen, I didn't hold out much hope.  I used sixteen pumps of the cleansing conditioner just like the bottle said and let it worked. I enjoyed the light tingling sensation on my scalp but didn't notice a difference after only one day.  However, after one week (five days) of use I did.  I was so surprised too.  My hair was brighter, still the same brilliant blonde I had colored it a month before and without a trace of brassiness that typically occurs at about that point.  The texture of my hair was soft; it had a glossy shine to it too.  Even my mother noticed and my color-treated, straightened hair is always a source of comment for her.  It didn't just look soft; it really felt soft, without being limp too. 

Wen Cleansing Conditioner is part of a whole hair care line ($29.95) by Dean.  It includes:

1 - 12 oz. WEN® Cleansing Conditioner
1 - 2 oz. WEN® Styling Crème
1 - 2 oz. WEN® Re Moist Intensive
Hair Repair Mask
FREE Bonuses:
1 - 10g WEN® Texture Balm
1 - WEN® Wide Tooth Shower Comb

I found that the Wen Cleansing Conditioner really works. A month after using it my highlighted hair has indeed, retained its color!  The scent is light and non-irritating and despite using a lot of it each time, the 16 oz bottle lasts longer than you would think. It rinses clean fairly quickly, leaving your hair shiny, clean and beautiful.  I highly recommend it. 

Wen products are available online at the Wen website

MPR Rating:  Four Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this posting. Products were received and kept for testing purposes. The opinions in this review are solely my own.

0 comments: