Recent Posts

November 16, 2009

Skin MD Natural


Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion (4 oz., $18) wants you to stop 'treating' your dry skin symptoms and actually treat the problem. That is what their Natural Shielding lotion is all about. It is a natural hypoallergenic and fragrance, colorant and paraben free as well as being dermatology tested.
Here's how it works- "Skin MD Natural works by bonding with cells of the skin's outermost layer to form what works as an invisible shield. This layer of protection prevents environmental irritants and pollutants from penetrating the skin, while sealing in the skin's own natural oils and moisture, helping resolve the dry skin condition."
Does it really do that? Skin MD Natural Shielding lotion is a good moisturizer. It is smooth, absorbs well and doesn't have an irritating scent. However, I did not notice the dry parts of my skin (the outer edges of my fingers) getting any better. I realize that I wash my hands a lot with all the diapers I change and during this time everyone was sick in my home, so hand washing was increased by triple. Perhaps that doesn't give Skin MD's product a fair chance. I also didn't feel like my hands were coated in anything greasy while using this item, which is a plus.
I liked how this lotion did not bother my skin. I have used other shielding lotions in the past that have caused redness and itching after even just one use. Skin MD's did not do that and I loved that. Must be the Aloe Vera and Chamomile that is in it.
Skin MD Shielding lotion is available online and at local pharmacy speciality stores.
MPR Rating: Three Stars.
Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this posting. Products were received and kept for testing purposes. The opinions in this review are solely my own.

0 comments: