Recent Posts

September 28, 2009

Cremo Shave Cream


Cremo Cream- is it for a man or for a woman? Tough to decide according to so many blogger shavegeeks and me. The red and white tube reminds me of something you might find in an Edwardian manse or on the Titanic if plastic tubing had been invented back then. In other words, I totally dig it.

According to the Shaveblog, "Cremo-Cream is a very different beast than other shaving creams. Its biggest departure from the norm is that it contains no glycerin, which is practically the main ingredient in most top-shelf shaving creams." Combine that with some of its other ingredients like macadamia seed oil, aloe leaf juice, papaya extract and its highly unusual scent and Cremo Cream is a departure from most shaving products on the market today.
I first handed over the tube of Cremo to my husband to test out. This man has one difficult time shaving. He likes gel shave creams and despite dabbling in the art of the badger brush shave for a while he has since gone back to his old Mach 3 ways. He found Cremo to be a bit too thick for his liking and wasn't quite sure if it worked as superbly as advertised. He didn't dislike it but he doesn't like switching things up much either. He tossed the tube back to me.
Having tried a slew of shaving products myself ranging from bars, gels, creams to the natural and nuclear I cast a tough eye on Cremo Cream. What I found was that I love the extremely thick texture of this shave cream and its unusual scent. Many male bloggers have likened it to a pina colada but I think that is just because they have probably never actually ingested one. I didn't get that at all. I liked the top-note of citrus which is mild and there is an added bit of spice that follows which really rounded out the scent. It isn't cloying and you won't carry it with you post-shower. To me it is extremely unisex and that's fantastic.
Cremo Cream doesn't need to lather up when applied and it stays put on your skin. This is great for shaving your legs in a tiny stall shower. It did not clog my razor and it's one slick shaving cream. It sometimes took a bit to rinse off but it left my legs very smooth and they didn't have that dry skin itch or irritation afterwards like many shave creams and gels have left me with in the past.
In all, I really enjoyed using Cremo Shave Cream and would recommend it to male and female friends. The product does just what it says it does- leaves skin smooth, reduces cuts and irritation and it smells quite nice. Cremo Cream ($7.99 for 6 fl oz) also provides a bit of luxury to your shaving routine while not breaking the bank. It's available at drugstore.com, at other online venues and in many retail stores in the US and worldwide.
MPR Rating: Four Stars.

0 comments: