Recent Posts

May 27, 2009

L'oreal Ever Pure Shampoo & Conditioner


Smooth. Moisturize. Volumize. That's what L'oreal's Ever Pure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner promise. This new line from the L'oreal company is sulfate-free and free of harsh chemicals and salt. I tried it out for a few months and found a few things.


First, I like the fact that these products are readily available at my drug and grocery store as well as online. The $7 price tag won't break the bank and there is a whole slew of hair products included in the three lines. Second, the tubes are easy to open and close and the rosemary scent in the moisturizing line isn't strong and cloying. It doesn't smell artificial either. The shampoo lathers well and the both the shampoo and conditioner rinse easily too.

However, that is all I liked. As far as using this shampoo and conditioner for routine maintenance I just cannot back it. It stripped my hair and made it dull and incredibly dry. So dry my hairdresser noticed it as soon as I walked in for my regular trim. I had her do a deep conditioning masque and then when out and bought one of my own to do at least once a week. Do I have time for this? No. Do I want to spend more money on more products? Absolutely not. I wanted to like this shampoo and conditioner. I love the idea behind it and I'm a huge fan of L'oreal products from skincare to make-up. Unfortunately, the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner ruined my hair and I cannot recommend it.


MPR Rating: One Star.

0 comments: