Recent Posts

April 22, 2009

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave



New from Skintimate is their Moisturizing Cream Shave ($3.99, 6 oz.) in both Dry Skin and Extra Gentle formulas. This non-aerosol cream shave is very thick and creamy. It does not lather like the gel but goes on smooth and stays put while you shave. Both formulas also contain anti-oxidants and other added nutrients like Soy, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera and olive butter to give you a soft finish that hydrates and soothes your skin.





Dry Skin has a soft slightly talc scent Cashmere Rain with White Tea, natural Olive Butter and Soy in it to give you a truly moisturizing shave. I tested this one out on one leg and used the Extra Gentle formula on my other leg. I noticed two things. I love the scent of the Extra Gentle Soothing Petals which contains an additional bit of Vitamin E and Aloe Vera but it was not as moisturizing as the dry skin formula. I like that it left one leg noticeably softer than the Extra Gentle.



Extra Gentle reminded me of the beach when I first applied it. The scent is mild and it goes on white unlike the light pink color of the Dry Skin formula. The Extra Gentle works really well on my super sensitive skin and also helps protect against any irritation you get from shaving. I have to admit that the leg I tested this formula on was not itchy after my shower. I love that!



Skintimate's Moisturizing Cream Shave is a nice affordable little luxury that gives you soft skin, touchable skin with each shave. You can find it at many mass retailers (both food and drug) nationwide.

MPR Rating: Four Stars.

0 comments: