Recent Posts

June 2, 2008

Bio-Oil-Reduce Scars & Stretch Marks!


Award-winning and clinically proven to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars and uneven skin tone Bio-Oil is hypo-allergenic and non-acnegenic. It goes on easily and while it is an oil it isn't greasy. It absorbs into your skin quickly with the help of PurCellin oil, the same stuff that ducks secrete while in the water. It works wonders on aging and dry skin too!
The 2 ounce plastic bottle ($11.00) had me skeptical. After all, I have a fairly large scar from my bout with skin cancer last year and some stretch marks from puberty on my upper thighs. Those bad boys have been around for over a decade now. However, I began using Bio-Oil only once a day for the last few weeks, as opposed to the twice a day suggestion and after two weeks my scar had noticeably changed in appearance. I stand amazed. The scar is flatter, no longer red and overall it has lessened in size. It has not disappeared all together but it is about half what it used to be in color and prominence. That is enough for me! The underwire on my bra no longer rubs it uncomfortably and it doesn't itch like it used to. My stretch marks have also faded a little bit but I think they will take more time. They are older and there is way more ground to cover there.

Effective on Scars and Stretch MarksBio-Oil helps improve the appearance of
all types of scars and is also highly effective in helping maintain elasticity
of scar tissue on joints and other high-mobility areas, including stretch marks.
Ideal for pregnant women, particularly in their second and third trimesters,
Bio-Oil is the product most recommended by UK pharmacists to help reduce the
appearance of scars, stretch marks, and pregnancy stretch marks.

I have been rubbing it into my stomach for weeks now as well hoping to eliminate and reduce my chances of stretch marks as my pregnant tummy grows bigger with each passing week or sometimes day. So far so good. Bio-Oil has moisturized my skin in a way that other lotions have not. When my stomach itches I just rub on the Bio-Oil and I am good to go. This stuff really seems to work! It works great as a bath oil and has no preservatives either. The scent is like a light whiff of cinnamon that quickly dissipates and I have really enjoyed and seen the benefits of this product.

You can purchase it at most drugstores and here at Amazon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Dr. Max Powers Scar Serum actually works. It worked for me everywhere I used it. I read that "Histologic analysis demonstrated significant reduction in scar hypertrophy and scar elevation...significant reduction in scar erythema with Dr. Max Powers Scar treatment" (Saulis).

I think it helped because the Scar Serum kept the area moisturized while it healed. Even old scars, over the course of weeks or months (which is the amount of time the Dr Max Powers Scar Serum tube claims it take to see improvement), will change.