Recent Posts

December 14, 2007

Toggery by Kate D'Arcy


While buying new clothes may not be the most eco-friendly thing you can do it is hard to resist a new item that is already earth friendly. Meet Kate D’Arcy of Toggery, this twenty-six year-old designer from Pennsylvania, has created an organic clothing line for the conscious consumer.

Made from 100% organic cotton and bamboo fibers this stylish clothing line will easily transform your wardrobe. Each item is comfortable and flattering and will take you from casual to dressy with ease. The colors alone are jaw droppingly beautiful and set the tone for many looks. Simplicity is key and D’Arcy has nailed it. Her pieces are simple and set the stage for the use of some stellar accessories. What’s more fun than that? Toggery’s main goal is to make sure that the neither the environment nor humanity has been compromised in the making of any of their products. What a nice change of pace don’t you think? No longer do you have to sacrifice style for eco-safe clothing. The vibrant colors in each collection will blow you away as will the effortlessly chic pieces in each collection. I had the lucky chance to try out a piece from one of Toggery’s collections, a classic v-neck T and here is what I found.


The basic T in bright green T ($16) is a gorgeous color and it didn’t shrink or wear in any way while washing and drying it a few times. It is soft and very wearable too. I was given a size medium which was too big for me and I ended up pinning the back of it to get a better shape. This however shows that Toggery runs true to size as I’m normally a small. The cut of this T is not too boxy either, which I liked and the deep V-neck is current with today’s styles. It wears well with jeans and dressed up as well. Overall I’m pleased with this piece. However, I don’t think it was the best way for me to view the line as a whole. I would have really liked to see how the dresses hold up their shape using this type of fabric. The items in each collection reach out to you and beg to be worn. The pricing of Toggery ranges from $30-100 and is comparable to other lines made from less sustainable material. I think Toggery is a great addition to the fashion world. I’d like to see if be made more readily available on its own website and others.

To find more information on Toggery by Kate D’Arcy and where to purchase it view the website here. Toggery can also be found at these online stores.
Earth Girls Boutique
Modify
BTC Elements

0 comments: