Recent Posts

July 28, 2011

Marie Callender's Under 500 Solves My Lunchtime Woes



I never had a problem getting a meal into my schedule in the past. After all, I love food and love to eat. Then, I had three kids and with that last addition to my family came absolutely no time to even think about going to the bathroom on a regular basis let alone what to eat for lunch. Frozen meals are a quick answer but many times they are loaded with sodium, fat and full of calories that I don't like to ingest. Marie Callender's Under 500 meals is an answer to this busy mom's prayers.

Today, I sampled the Chicken Piccata from the Marie Callender's Fresh Flavor Steamers line. At 360 calories it was loaded with grilled chicken, capers, penne pasta and a nice lemon-butter sauce that filled me up but didn't make me feel stuffed. It took three and a half minutes to cook in my microwave, which was about all the time I had in between feeding a baby, toddler and preschool age child. I felt that I was eating a balanced meal, something that is also hard for me to whip up on many days when the kitchen gets really busy, crowded and noisy with the kids. These meals save my sanity and my waistline and I am so happy with that.

Plus? Eating meals like the 'Under 500' group saves me from eating some really funky food combinations like when I have no time to think about what I'm actually eating. There have been days when my lunch has been made up of marshmallows, cheese slices and lemon water. I know, how healthy is that? What kind of example does that set for healthy eating with my kids? Later on, I will become ravenous and end up eating half a bag of tortilla chips. Not good at all. Other days it is the very familiar eating what is left on my kids plate. You know, three green beans, a half a quorn nugget and a swig of coffee. Mmm... that's gourmet eatin' right there.


MPR Rating: Four Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR worked in conjunction with Marie Callender's on behalf of TheMotherhood. MPR was compensated for this post. Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: