Recent Posts

June 15, 2011

Hampton Inn & Suites, Radcliff, KY




Newly built and right off I-31 W and close to the Fort Knox Army base, the Hampton Inn in Radcliff, KY offers nice rooms at an affordable rate. There are over 70 rooms at this location. There is ample free parking, free Internet access, free hot breakfast and a little store with snacks.



When I entered this Hampton Inn & Suites I was not greeted by staff. After waiting a few minutes the front desk clerk finally greeted me with, "I suppose you need a room key." My first reaction was to look around and wonder what old movie I had wandered into but no, I was still in the Hampton Inn. After that gruff greeting by the clerk, who I later realized was the manager, I went up to my room. This hotel is new and the rooms and hallways are clean and bright. There are fresh, warm cookies and fruit in the lobby with water or coffee that is all complimentary. It is a wise and appreciated touch.







My room was a nice size and had the Cozy Hampton Bed and Purity Basics Bath Amenities. A coffee and tea maker, 42-inch LCD TV, curved shower rod and Waterpik Shower head are all part of the comfort you find at Hampton Inn & Suites. It was quiet in my room despite being on the highway side. I had no issues with my room or bathroom. It was clean and pleasant both days I stayed there. The sheets are soft and the towels are a decent size.




My free hot breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. I have stayed at a few Hampton Inn's and this one was not as good as others in the breakfast department. The food was running low at eight in the morning and it took about fifteen to twenty minutes for them to replenish just the eggs. Eggs that were full of cheese and cubed ham. If you are a vegetarian or watching your weight this protein option is not for you. A huge misstep in my book. Meat lovers could have sausage and bacon, why not offer eggs free of meat? It tasted very processed too.



I like staying at Hampton Inn & Suites typically because they are a good deal with newish facilities, close to major attractions and comfortable. The Radcliff, KY one is as well it just needs some minor tweaks in customer service and food.



MPR Rating: Three Stars.



Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this post. Travel is for review and business purposes only. Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: