Recent Posts

June 17, 2011

Beanfield's Bean & Rice Chips



I know what you are thinking? Beans and rice do not a chip make. Well, yes, they do and they are quite tasty chips too. Beanfields idea behind the bean and rice chips is to take "wholesome and nutritious beans and blend them with long grain rice to create delicious snacks that are loaded with fiber and protein. In fact Beanfields Bean & Rice chips contain double the fiber and protein of most corn tortilla or potato chips."



I received a box of them in a variety of flavors and dug right in. I was so intrigued by the idea of beans and rice making a chip. The Pico de Gallo had me instantly hooked too. I could not stop eating them. Each time I closed the bag and walked away I found myself back with the bag minutes later. Dangerous. They taste great, have a delightful crunch and taste just as good as tortilla chips to me but have 4 grams of protein. Made with black beans and navy beans they have a satisfying crunch and fill you up. A good handful makes a nice mid-afternoon snack. My finicky kids wouldn't eat them however and neither did my husband. Their loss.



Beanfield's Bean & Rice Chips come in a variety of flavors and unsalted. They are gluten and corn free and made in the USA. You can buy them at Whole Foods and online here.



MPR Rating: Four Stars.



Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this post. Products are for review and test purposes only. Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: