Recent Posts

April 15, 2011

Guardsman Furniture Care

Since 1915 Guardsman has offered leading wood care that cleans, protects and enhances the natural look and beauty of your wood furniture.  Having expanded into leather and fabric there are many Guardsman products to choose from today. 

The Ultimate Dusting Cloth ($2.99) is a large reusable dust cloth that I adore.  It draws and locks dust into its 14"x18" 100% cotton fabric.  Washable it removes allergy-causing irritants that my house is always drawing through open windows. I love the Ring and Stain Remover ($4.99) too.  It workse well on wood surfaces to remove water stains, marks and rings that cosmetics, alcohol, heat, paint and moisture can leave behind. I have used it on my wooden nightstands for water rings and it worked brilliantly.  It even worked on the moisture marks in the coffee table.  The Wood Touch-Up Markers ($4.49) includes a light, medium and dark wood colored marker.  I have used it on a variety of the wooden furniture in my house with great success.  After having two kids our tables are so marked up and this long lasting marker dries fast and touches up scratches and worn edges quick and easy. 

When it comes to the deep cleaning Guardsman has many polishes to choose.  Whether you need to revitalize your wood with a spray or use a purifying wood cleaner they have you covered.  I like the size (12.5 oz) of the spray cans and it did seem to keep dust off my furniture but it didn't shine as much as I would have liked.  My wooden kitchen cabinets still looked dry and it made me yearn for the almond oil I typically apply to them after cleaning.  The high gloss shine was not produced when I used the Guardsmen Purifying Wood Cleaner.  It cleans fine just not as well as I am used to with the almond oil.

Guardsman products work and they are available at Shop Guardsman online.  Fabric cleaners, protectors and more are available there too. 

MPR Rating:  Four Stars.

Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post. Products received are for review and test purposes only.  Opinions are MPR's only.



*Image from mysentimentsexactlee.com

0 comments: