Recent Posts

March 7, 2011

Tan Towels

Summer is just around the corner though the March winds blowing right about now make it seem like a distant oasis.  However my email inbox and the products arriving at my front door tell a different story.  Self-tanners are making an appearance just like the crocuses popping up from the ground and it makes me giddy.


Tan Towels self tanning towelettes for face and body arrived and I was skeptical. I have used sprays, gels, lotions and cremes.  The towel did not impress me one bit.  Upon taking it out of its little pouch I wondered how it could possibly create a golden glow.  Guaranteed to burnish your skin a soft brown within a few hours the Tan Towel also proclaims no streaks.  Pfft, I say.  No self-tanner can really guarantee that.  It's all in the application and the person applying the self-tanner.  So I did.  I used one Tan Towel on my entire lower body.  It was still damp (it starts to dry up to let you know you need another one) so I wiped down my upper body as well.  I avoided my face. I wasn't too sure how dark it would turn out.  You know what?  Not too dark at all. In fact, it took a whole day for my skin to appear tan, not a few hours like they say.  However, when I woke up the next morning I was golden!  Beautifully so and it was a shame I had to hide my newly tanned legs under jeans.  I found that the tan stayed true for a few days.  By a week I still had a light tan but needed a re-application.  I found the before and after shots online to be quite accurate as well.

Now about those streaks. I had them.  I am not going to lie.  The places that I first began using the towel were a bit darker and I must have gone over some areas twice because they were even darker and that is where the streaks occurred.  The second time I applied Tan Towels about two weeks later I was really slow and careful to note the areas I had already swiped with the towel.  No streaks that time!

Tan Towels are available at Sephora, Ulta and online.  You can buy them in packs of ten ($27) or five ($24) , fair to medium and medium to dark.  Full body kits for plus sizes are also available.  Other self-tanning products, like a sunless tanning mist, are as well. 

MPR Rating: Four Stars.

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this post.  Products were given for testing and review purposes only.  Opinions are MPR's only.

0 comments: