Recent Posts

March 14, 2011

My Effortless Extensions

I can't grow long hair. It is too fine and once it reaches a certain length it breaks and falls out.  However, I can't remember a time that I didn't dream of having Gwyneth Paltrow's long locks.  Oh, to have hair cascading down my back and flowing free.  My Easy Extensions promised me that with their no clip system.



The long, thin box full of medium blond hair arrived and it looked so simple. You can have real or synthetic hair. I got synthetic.  It was shiny, bouncy and with a slight wave to it.  A lot like my real hair and pretty close in color.  There is no taping, gluing or braiding with My Easy Extensions ($69.96).  To put on all you have to do is the following-
1.Take your extension and place the plastic line at top of your head approximately one inch from your hair line.


2.Make sure the plastic line is at the top and the wefts are in the back.


3.Let the hair extensions sit securely around the back of your head.


4.Once you have the correct placement you can pull out the hair around the plastic line making it invisible to the eye.


5.Once you have hidden the plastic line around your face area, simply pull out about ¼ to ½ of your own hair that sits above the wefts of hair on your extensions and have it lay on top of the extensions.


6.Use your fingers to blend your hair with the hair on the extensions.
 
So I did all that. I wasn't too impressed either. I could still see the line and it just didn't feel as secure as I would like. However, I will state that I have a small head.  Most things don't fit me quite right and here is one example. I think if my head was larger the fit would have been secure and I would have felt better about playing with the hair.  The color was a bit too dark as well and so it made me look a bit "skunky".  Oh well.  It was a free review and if you don't like your own hair extensions you have purchased the company offers a 14-day money back guarantee at 100%.  No loss to you. 
 
The pluses of the synthetic and real hair is that you can wash it.  It comes with a special brush for caring for the hair and you can curl it, flat iron it and it can last for a bit over a year.  It's also pretty fun to go from short to long hair in minutes!  I was amazed at the difference in my appearance after just adding about eight more inches of hair.
 
My Easy Extensions can be purchased online or at Ulta. 
 
MPR Rating:  Three Stars.
 
Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post.  Products received are for review and test purposes only. Opinions are MPR's only. 
 

1 comments:

bcross said...

Very disappointed in color. Asked if I could send back through an e-mail and they assured me no problem. I was in the 14 day guarantee period. After sending back they said they would not refund because the package had been open. It was sealed on the bottom end but top was not sealed. I never opened or tried on. They returned the product to me. I am going to report them to the Better Business Bureau