Recent Posts

February 25, 2011

Athenos Flavored Greek Yogurt

We like to eat a lot of yogurt in this house.  Each of us probably eats at least a container a day.  Athenos Yogurt sent our household some of their Greek strained flavored yogurt.  Set in two separate compartments you have a choice of blueberry, honey or strawberry to mix in with your traditional plain Greek-strained yogurt. 

I love Greek style yogurt and I have tried many different brands.  Athenos comes out ahead of most - it isn't grainy, dry or consisting of any sort of strange texture like some Greek yogurts.  The flavor is plain, simple and tasty.  It is smooth and not too heavy.  When I mixed the strawberry flavor and blueberry flavor into the yogurt I liked it and so did the kids.  The honey, typically my favorite way to eat Greek yogurt, was a bust.  It hardens way too much in the refrigerator and you cannot mix it.  I was so disappointed. I really do not want to place my yogurt out on the counter while the honey reaches a room temperature. 

At 5.3 oz a cup and containing only 100 calories and 0 fat Athenos Greek Yogurt with flavors is a nice treat.  It is a good way to start the day or use as a mid-afternoon snack.  I would buy it again but just not the honey flavor. I will stick to adding my own honey from my pantry to the plain yogurt Athenos sells from now on.

MPR RATING:  Three Stars.

Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post.  Products received are for review and test purposes only. Opinions are MPR's only. 


*Image from nhregister.com

0 comments: