Recent Posts

January 18, 2011

Envie de Neuf Rice Eclat Cleansing Oil

I receive many skincare products to review. Some I never even get to but the bottle of Envie de Neuf Rice Eclat ($76) skin cleanser was different.  It is rice based and has a texture I have never felt before- it is an oil.  The company declares that this rice cleanser is

"A secret of the Japanese for centuries, rice has long been known for its ability to improve the texture and appearance of the skin. Rice Eclat Cleansing Cream is formulated with rice extract to strengthen and nourish the skin while calming inflammation and brightening the skin tone. As an added bonus, it uses ascorbyl glucoside to fight free radicals, stimulate collagen and reduce skin discolorations."

It is also supposed to remove dirt and makeup from your skin while keeping it from drying.  I can attest to that part. I have combination skin and in the fall and winter it has a tendency to become a bit red or blotchy too.  This cleanser calmed my skin and didn't sting my eyes (I wear contacts) or cloud them.  It also didn't leave my skin feeling stripped in any way.  It is gentle and rinses well.  I have to say that I didn't notice a difference in inflammation but cleansers go on the skin quickly and rinse down the drain.  Perhaps if I used the entire Rice Eclat skincare line I would have seen a bigger improvement.  However, I do like using the Envie de Neuf Rice Eclat Cleansing Oil for this time of year even if it is pricey. 

MPR Rating: Three Stars.

Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post. Products received are for review and test purposes only.  Opinions are MPR's only.



*Image from lipstickandluxury.com

0 comments: