Recent Posts

January 14, 2011

Detroit Auto Show Fever!

I'm sure I can pinpoint the moment if I really try.  I could blame my newest obsession, love, passion and call myself an enthusiast and put it all on Gayle who sent me out into the wilds of Memphis a few years back.  I could turn a pointed finger on the creator of AutoSavant as well.  Stuck in an airport with Brendan I talked cars, the industry and more for a long while and learned a whole lot. 

I couldn't be stopped.  I wanted more.  My quest for knowledge about cars and the industry is on the newbie level, I know. I wish I could just absorb it all.  I'm not a woman who loves American muscle.  Though I do love a good engine growl.  And I do like my niche and cult cars to be sure. OK, I admit it that is my favorite car.  Could anything be more beautiful than a Morgan? I think not.   I tend towards the luxury level (are you surprised?) and cars tricked out in tech gadgets. 

If you dropped a Silver Ghost in my pathway I might just drop dead from awe. 

I went to the North American International Auto Show this week for the first time.  Ford footed the bill as I went along as green blogger press.  To say I felt like a kid in a candy store would be an understatement.  I have a whole new appreciation for certain brands now and a feeling of lacking for others.  Seeing a Maybach in person and sitting in three separate Bentley's was quite a moment that I would like to repeat again and again. And again. Indeed.  This is some of what I saw this week. 





And there was so much more.  Stewart Brand was there speaking about the environment and the future of cars.  The Ford Explorer was named the truck of the year.  I touched so much leather and gazed upon a ton of rubber you might have thought I had entered into a fantasy store.  It was a bit of that for me actually. I want more.





*Disclosure: Ford Motor Company paid for my travel and accommodations at the 2-day Driving Green Technology event, I was not compensated in any other manner for my time. My opinions here are my own.

0 comments: