Recent Posts

May 21, 2010

Radius Toothbrush- It's Money

I have reviewed toothbrushes in the past, mainly the electric variety.  All of them plastic, even if it's recycled.  Radius Source Toothbrush  are made from something entirely different.  Money.  Dollar bills y'all.  Made from recycled dollar bills, flax fiber or wood Radius Source toothbrushes last longer than your average toothbrush.  Here's the rundown directly from the source-


-93% Recycled Material - 47% Renewable Resource.



-Source handles are molded from recycled US Dollar bills/Recycled Flax and Recycled Wood all blended with recycled polypropylene resulting in a bio-plastic that is 100% renewable or recycled.


-Lightweight unbreakable replacement heads made from surgical-grade nylon.


-Dramatically increases softness and efficacy of brushing with 65% more bristle tufts than ordinary toothbrush.


-Reversible for both Right or Left handed brushing - Available in soft or medium bristles.


-Handle lasts forever - the head can be discarded as you would a razor blade!

I admit that for some bizarre reason I thought that this brush wouldn't be durable.  Instead of lasting longer I felt like it would disintegrate in my hands as soon as it got wet. I know, it's ridiculous.  The handle feels just like plastic and it's comfortable in my hand as well.  The actual head/brush threw me off as well.  It's shaped like an iron.  I have a small mouth and I didn't think it would work.  Turns out, I LOVE it! I actually feel like this shape head was designed for my mouth.  My teeth, gums and tongue feel cleaner than they have using the standard narrow head.  I'm super excited that my pack came with a replacement head as well. 

I love that this toothbrush is eco-friendly in packaging and product and it really works.  The Source Radius Toothbrush is fun (it's made from money!), works superbly and lasts a long time (9 months).  The replaceable heads (about $4 for 2) and price are affordable too ($5.21). I don't want to switch toothbrushes ever again.  I'm now a Radius convert.

Radius sells other versions of recycled toothbrushes and styles.  Check them out here.   Radius Toothbrushes can be found at Drugstore.com, Duane Reed, Whole Foods and online at the website.  They are also 25% off right now.

MPR Rating: Five Stars.

Disclaimer:  MPR was not paid for this post.  All products received were for review and testing purposes only.  Opinions in this review are solely my own.

0 comments: