Recent Posts

March 15, 2010

Fun Find-Joanie Leeds-I'm a Rock Star CD

Singer and songwriter Joanie Leeds doesn't just perform kids music, she educates them with her songs.  Easy-going in her approach to music and her rock'n'roll style she touches on subjects like eating healthy, the digital world, being green and socializing with others. 

What I liked about Leeds and her style of music is that it is sophisticated in its lyrics and yet still reaches kids. My four year-old loves it, especially the 'Being Green' song.  I enjoy listening to it too as it isn't sappy sweet or overly repetetive.  It is catchy, authentic and fun.  Her voice is soft, sweet and reachable.  This CD has been played over and over again in our house since we received it. 

You can listen to many of the songs here.  It debuts March 23 and makes a great gift for the preschool set on up. 

MPR Rating:  Four Stars. 

Disclaimer: MPR was not paid for this posting. Products were received and kept for testing purposes. The opinions in this review are solely my own.

Visit my other blog, The Mummy Chronicles, for more.

0 comments: