Recent Posts

July 3, 2009

Organic Jammy Sammy


Revolution Foods where the belief is 'make every bite matter' sent me some Organic Jammy Sammy's to test out. We tried three flavors, Grape Jelly and Peanut Butter, Strawberry Jam and Peanut Butter and Apple Cinnamon & Oatmeal.

Right away I noticed that the 1.03 oz snack bars are perfect for packing into lunches or throwing in a purse or diaper bag. I love that the packaging is a 100% recycled box too. These sandwich size snack bars are not just easy to tote around but they taste good too. My daughter couldn't get enough of them. Each time I doled a new flavor out I took a taste too. I wasn't a fan of the Strawberry jam flavor but the Grape Jelly and particularly the Apple Cinnamon & Oatmeal were quite good. My kid loved all of them equally it seemed and was very happy that we can find them easily in our own grocery store.

In addition to tasting great Jammy Sammy's are good for you too. Each bar contains 8g or more of whole grains, is low in fat and the ingredients on the side of the box won't disturb or perplex you. There are no trans fats, high fructose corn syrup or artificial ingredients. Everything in these snack bars is identifiable and organic. I don't worry about giving them to my kids, their friends or eating them myself. I'm eager to try out the other products that Revolution Foods has created as well. It is a company I can stand behind and I love their 'School Lunch Revolution' program too. "Revolution Foods was founded on the belief that all children deserve access to healthy, wholesome foods where they need it most – in their schools. After great success revolutionizing the school lunch line, providing over 2 million organic meals to date."
Jammy Sammy's can be found online and at your local Whole Foods and Wegman's.
MPR Rating: Four Stars.

0 comments: