Recent Posts

May 4, 2009

Bright Green from Safeway

From Safeway comes Bright Green, a new line of Eco-friendly home products sold exclusively at their stores. From cleaning products to laundry soaps, the products are made with biodegradable and naturally derived ingredients. The line also includes energy-efficient light bulbs and paper products made from 100 percent recycled content.

I tested out the reusable shopping bag, liquid dish soap and the all-purpose cleaner. The bag is cute, lightweight and made from 65% recycled materials and 35% cotton. Since receiving it I have taken it with me everywhere and it keep it in my car with the rest of my reusable bags. It it sturdy and can hold quite a lot of groceries. It works great for carrying a dozen eggs. I like to wrap the bag around it forming a protective layer and nestle it safely in the car. My other bags are not as thick as the Safeway one and so this doesn't work nearly as well.

The Bright Green liquid dish soap is clear with a pleasant lavender/rosemary scent. It comes in a great 28 ounce size and is biodegradable, phosphate-free, petroleum-free, and never tested on animals. The packaging is 100% recyclable too. It works well on greasy dishes, foaming up well and is not harsh on your hands.

Bright Green's all-purpose cleaner is citrus-scented and a hefty 32 ounces. It works well on everything! I used it to clean my kitchen, bathroom sinks, the stove and my kid's booster and high chair. It doesn't leave any residue behind and there is no harsh chemical smell. The packaging is made from 25% post-consumer waste too.

I found that Safeway's Bright Green products (there are many types including paper products) clean just as well as your typical cleaners and the prices are comparable. The only thing is that they are better for you, your home and the environment. It is nice to know that companies like Safeway are creating their own brands in 'green' form now making them more readily available to the consumer.

MPR Rating: Four Stars.

GIVEAWAY: I'm giving away a Safeway reusable shopping bag this week. The lucky winner will be chosen at random on Friday, May 8. All you need to do is comment and include your email address (contact purposes only!).

6 comments:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I've been eyeing those bags at the check-out because I really like the design. I was wondering about the thickness--sounds like it would make a good bag for the farmer's market, too!

cdr said...

I keep using my re-useable bags so much that I wear them out. I'd love a new one!

crich64 AT gmail DOT com

Bianka said...

Green and blue!! My two most favorite colors!

Christina said...

Cute bag! I like that idea of wrapping your eggs :) I like thicker reusable bags like the ones my grandma bought ages ago and won't give them to me even though she doesn't use them lol :) thanks for the giveaway!

Stacy said...

I'm trying to go "green" as much as possible and I really need to get more than TWO reusable grocery bags. This one is pretty too!

Bree said...

I'm also wearing out my reusable bags! I would love a new one!