Recent Posts

April 7, 2009

Team Mom- Leslie Patricelli books!



Team Mom sent me two books this month, both by Leslie Patricelli, 'Baby Happy, Baby Sad' and 'Higher, Higher'. Both books are from Candlewick Press and are full of simple concepts, silly fun and bright artwork that your child will surely love and want to read over and over again.

'Baby Happy, Baby Sad' ($6.99) is a short, sweet book with the pages illustrating both happy and sad to your child. Geared for the toddler and preschool set its message is simple. It clearly illustrates ways in which a baby is happy or sad. My daughter loves to look at the pictures and figure out just why the baby may be happy or sad. Since the concept is so easy it also makes her feel like she can read right along with me or on her own. I'm betting that in a few more readings she'll actually know how to read it.



'Higher, Higher' ($15.99) also for the baby and preschool set is one of those books that consists of very few words and a lot of imagination. Each time I read it to my daughters I make up a bit more of a story . It is a simple book but the brilliant illustrations of a girl going higher and higher on her swing give children the space to create their own stories each time they read it. We love reading this book before naps and at bedtime.





Both books are available at Amazon.

1 comments:

Jac said...

Look like great books. I will have to check them out.