Recent Posts

March 23, 2009

Coppertone NutraShield Sunscreen Lotion


I am all about sunscreen and protecting my family from the sun's harmful UVA/UVB rays. It is not just because I'm fair-skinned but also because at age 32 I have already had my own bout with the skin cancer demon. I am always happy to try out any new defense in my battle to protect my skin. Coppertone's newest foray into the sunscreen lotion arena is NutraShield (Brook Shield's is the spokesperson) with Dual Defense (read sun protection and antioxidants that promote natural skin repair) and SPF 70. Incidentally, anything over SPF 30 is good in my book.
NutraShield is supposed to not just combat the rays but also prevent premature skin aging which really, that is what sunscreen helps to do no matter what. The skin ages you period, ladies. We all know that. You want to look forever young? Glob on the sunscreen and make sure you get your neck and decolletage while your at it, not just your face. This fragrance free, hypo-allergenic non-pore clogging sunscreen goes on smooth and is quite thick. It does have that typical slightly sticky feel that most all over body sunscreens possess but that is because it is also waterproof. It also retains its potency after 80 minutes in the sun and isn't greasy like some sunscreens. This dermatologist tested formula is a great way to get all over body protection and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. In fact, I think it is great for the whole family despite it being geared towards women. I would certainly use it on my three year-old and husband for all over sun protection. Antioxidants also naturally help repair your skin and help control the aging process. NutraShield is chocked full of these nourishing nutrients and will nourish your skin while it protects it.
Coppertone's NutraShield comes in a Faces variety as well. It is available at most drugstores, grocery stores and at drugstore.com
MPR Rating: Four Stars

0 comments: