Recent Posts

November 14, 2008

Fun Find-Secret Mountain Books with CDs


Secret Mountain has always come out with award-winning books and Cd's for kids. I was really excited to review the newest titles via Team Mom. We reviewed three books with Cd's to accompany them and here's what I found.


Be it Down at the Sea Hotel, Dream Songs Nights Songs from Belgium to Brazil or A Duck in New York City ($16.95) each book is a nice easy read with not your typical illustrations. The pictures in each stir the imagination in your child and bring about many questions. It makes story time that much more interesting and enjoyable when a conversation develops between you and your child. I loved the artsy look and feel to A Duck in New York City and how each book was a perfect read for nap time or bed time.


The Cd's that accompany each book (back flap) make it that much more special. My daughter really loved the Down at the Sea Hotel particularly. I even found myself humming it the rest of the day. The song writing from talents like Greg Brown is superb and often hilarious. I think these books with Cd's are a bargain at the price of $16.95 and make excellent gifts this holiday season or just because.


In addition, a part of the proceeds from the sale of the Down at the Sea Hotel (our favorite) will be donated to the Breast Cancer Fund.

0 comments: