Recent Posts

May 12, 2008

Liz Earle's Superbalm- Naturally Active Skincare


*Newsflash* Liz Earle's Superbalm has just been renovated! Did I get the last jar of the balm? One cannot be sure, but before I get on with this review please note that this product is now called, Superskin Concentrate and it comes in a much larger bottle with a hand-pump creating an almost liquid gold effect. Yes, you heard me. It's that good. Now? On with the review...


Until this little 1 ounce jar of Superbalm came into my home I had never tried any of Liz Earle's products. Created by two friends, Liz and Kim, the Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare range of products works on every type of skin. Nothing is complicated when it comes to making up the ingredients in their products. The packaging is streamlined and the customer care is superb. Every detail is accounted for and works beautifully. The goal of their company is for not just great skin for everyone but honest pricing and truly happy customers. Here are a few of the "No's"


No animal testing or ingredients


No mineral oil (HUGE!!! That dries out your skin and almost every product contains it!)


No chemicals in the sunscreen


Now, how did I like the Superbalm/Superskin Concentrate? This product is designed for your face, neck and decolletage (chest) area. The oils and waxes, real vitamin E (not synthetic!), rose hip, hazelnut and avocado really do a number on moisturizing your weary skin overnight. I applied this stuff to my cuticles, my daughters eczema-prone cheeks (normally steroid cream is the only thing that works here) and basically all over my body where I found dry skin. So yes, my feet, hands, and elbows too. The next morning? Ta DA! My skin glowed and felt soft and revived. It was not oily like I thought it might be. My daughter's cheeks were restored as well. I was greatly impressed and happy to be able to forgo the steroid cream! This stuff even works on fly aways! It really does produce a healthy glow and now I'm just left wishing I could try more of the Liz Earle products as well as give some to you all!


Prices for the concentrate range from $10-70 depending on the size. Believe me, it is worth it! The soft slightly lemony scent alone will woo you! For convenient ordering do so online at Liz Earle or Naturally Active.

0 comments: