Recent Posts

December 5, 2007

Nellie's Dryer Balls and Laundry Nuggets

Non-toxic, biodegradable, and hypoallergenic, three things I look for when introducing a new product into my home. When Nellie’s Laundry sent me two products I was pretty curious. They don't look like your typical laundry room items. The blue rubber spike-laden balls go into my dryer and do what? These little nuggets will clean all my clothes? They are so small! I was a bit doubtful. Thankfully, I was proven wrong and now I’m in love.



Nellie’s Dryer balls are non toxic and allergy-free. They will save you money too. Who would have thought that in addition to cutting back on my dryer time (only one run through for a load of heavy jeans or towels I swear!) they also eliminate the need for dryer sheets or liquid fabric softener. As a set these dryer balls last up to two years. I love how I no longer have to remember to add sticky liquid softener to the laundry or a dryer sheet. NO CHEMICALS in my dryer anymore! I noticed an immediate difference in dryer time and my clothes came out soft, wrinkle-free and static free. I am seriously considering giving these blue balls as gifts.


Next, I tried the laundry nuggets. I was skeptical on this product overall because they seem so small. How can one of these really clean a giant load of my laundry? The nuggets not only clean well, but inside the bag was a helpful tip sheet on how to create your own powerful stain remover with the nuggets. One tablespoon is all you need of this super concentrated laundry soda. I was amazed because this is for a large load of laundry. I’ve never been one for exact measurements even if the cap on the bottle has a designated line. So I really LOVE the toss and go factor with this product. The mono-sol casing dissolves in water quickly and leaves behind no residue. I checked. I let one dissolve in my hand. The nuggets are hypo-allergenic and has not bothered my sensitive skin or my daughter’s eczema prone skin.

I am now a happy dryer ball and nugget convert which may sound a bit weird, but I get great satisfaction and glee tossing those little balls and nuggets into the machines and letting them get down to business.

For more information on these products and others by Nellie visit the website here. It’s a great company with good prices (seeing how they last and save time, energy, and money you can’t balk at them!) and quick and friendly service.

0 comments: