Recent Posts

August 15, 2007

Mudpuppy Toys

Mudpuppy toys are “beautifully designed” and hours of fun. The friendly people at Galison sent me a few Mudpuppy items to try out and they are a big hit with both me and my daughter. What I like about them is they really are beautifully designed. They are colorful, sturdy, and imaginative. I don’t mind playing with them while she does which is a hard thing to achieve. I rarely like any toys that come across our threshold as much as I enjoy the Mudpuppy ones.



The Baby Animal Block Puzzle(for ages 3+, $13) is part of the block puzzle line which has 14 different puzzles to choose from. That’s another thing I like about Mudpuppy there is a lot of variety and themes to capture the heart of any kid and parent. These block puzzles are also the 2005 winner of the iParenting Excellent Product Award. The block puzzles contain 9 2-inch blocks that work together to create six separate scenes/puzzles. It’s great! There’s always something new to discover on the blocks and piece together creating a new scene. My daughter stacks them, throws them, and becomes engrossed looking at all the sides and creations we can come up with. There is even Eric Carle, creator of the popular ‘The Very Hungary Caterpillar’ book, puzzles.



The other toy we received is the Ring Flash Cards ($12). I know it sounds boring doesn’t it? You think, “Oh no! Not flash cards!” These things are the best though! The large plastic ring is easy for a toddler or adult to carry. They make excellent travel toys and provide a lot of one on one learning opportunities for you and your child. There are four sets in this series. We received the Animal ABC’s set. Illustrated by Clare Beaton these fabulous on-the-go toys are two-sided. One side displays an upper and lowercase letter, an animal illustration (U for Umbrella Bird), while the second side will depict three words beginning with that letter and a larger version of the letter itself. My daughter can spend a lot of time going over them alone, asking questions, and reviewing them with one of us. It didn’t take very long for her to begin recognizing the letters of the alphabet after using these ring flash cards. She is learning her letters and animals that go beyond the ‘C is for Cat’ genre. They also come in Spanish to English, French to English, and Things That Go.

If you are looking for toys that aren’t flashy, are good quality and a bit different head on over to Mudpuppy. From magnetic dress up dolls in fun tins to stationary there is something for any child in your life. Mudpuppy will have me as a repeat buyer for my child and for gifts for other children.

2 comments:

metaDAD said...

The flash cards sounds great, my oldest son (toddler) really needs to build his vocabulary.

Victoria said...

They are great! My daughter 18 mos brings them to me to review she likes them so much!